Vorner’s random stuff
- Extracting tracing metrics to dipstick
- Using const generics in slipstream
- Saving some allocations
- Dark side of POSIX APIs
- Two holiday crates
- The long journey to signal-hook 0.2
- 40ms bug
- Throw-away code
- If you want performance, cheat!
- Announcing pyo3-log
- Fights with downcasting
- SIMD by cheating
- SIMD Library plans
- Hyper traps
- Mental models around Ok wrapping
- My take on error handling
- Spring cleanup
- Cleanup support in Signal Hook
- Rust 2020
- Migrate spirit to 0.4
- Fighting the Async fragmentation
- Playing with the new async
- Runtime configuration reloading
- Is Rust C++ in disguise?
- Announcing contrie
- Rust in Avast
- The Nuclear Reactor design pattern
- More tricks up in the ArcSwap’s sleeve
- Food model of lifetimes
- Rust Hacks
- Rust in 2019
- The Spirit tutorial
- Passerby Contributions
- Truly Zero Cost
- Take 20
- Directly to production
- Announcing Spirit
- Object models and identities
- Don’t Panic
- The Signal Hook
- Making Arc more atomic
- Design Guideline: Problem Statement
- Performance experiments with matrix multiplication
- The dark side of ergonomics
- Should you learn Rust?
- Corona: get the async out of the way
- Async benchmarks
- Why is rust difficult?
- About undefined behavior
- Rust 2018
- An average European, living in Prague.
- A programmer (sometimes a computer magician, working with all colours of magic, including black).
- A climber. Maybe I’ll write a post comparing Rust to climbing one day.
- I suffer from chronic lack of free time.
- Huge fan of the „Ha ha only serious“ attitude.
- And yes, self-appointed member of the Rust Evangelism Strike Force.
About the pages
These were thrown together quite fast (see above to know why). I also do have my personal web pages, but they are really outdated and fell into disrepair. You can have a look, if you really like a retro design. So I decided not to use them for now, before I get around to doing something with them.
This is here mostly for the technical stuff (like Rust).